Saturday 16 April 2011

[Late]

If anyone cared to notice, I didn't post last week. Sorry about that; busy things were a-bump around the house and I got side-tracked.

It's hard to believe that I'm thirteen years young as of today. It's strange, because I don't find myself to be very alike most other teens: facing the same problem of how to rebel and conform at the same time by defying their parents and copying one another. Instead, I see myself rebelling only from becoming a cookie-cutter teen and individualizing myself from the supposed norm.

My older friends, teachers, and elder family members often mistake me for someone much older than I am, and I too question whether my personality matches my chronological age. I tend to feel more mature than most my age, years ahead of myself. Most of the people I meet online across YouTube or here on my blog are surprised to learn that I am but thirteen years of age.

I suppose that I am a bit more well read in terms of properly using the English language as it was meant to be ( please refer yourself here ) and that my face is shaped in such a way, I could be mistaken for a 15-16-year-old with a little baby-fat left on her face. However, it always puzzles me that other teens aren't like me. It's sort of a silly thing to assume, seeing that there are probably several others in my situation, but I don't know why others are so left behind.

As an end result of my apparent advance in maturity levels over the general populace of middle schools, I am frequently alone, or with a very small circle of friends with whom I share an intellectual sync. Even within the friends, though, there is an obvious distinction between how aged we are mentally and emotionally. There are very few people that I can talk to freely about life and society, because quite simply, anyone else would get bored or confused, and dismiss the topic. I find that this tends to result in crazed, ranting blog posts, rash poems, and estranged short stories.

Granted, however, my biological age does make an appearance in my maturity from time to time. This is what causes my outbursts of energy post-consumption of sugary foods and obsession with stuffed animals, all things cute, and cows.

I guess I'm quite the character, what with my darker, more mature side, and random, crazed kid side. But hey, I'm a very likable person--or so I've been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment