Saturday 29 January 2011

[RE: I'm Only Sleeping]

This week, I'm replying to a blog of my friend's, "I'm Only Sleeping"


I couldn't help but laugh quietly to myself at those dream tellings, I'm sorry. I hardly ever remember my dreams, but the ones I DO remember give me a scare, or are really bizarre.


Like the one from a night sometime this week. Only my brother and I were home. The doorbell rang, so I peeked through the curtain to see who was there. Through the fabric, I could only see shapes of several gunmen. For some reason, I opened the door and it turned out that the gunmen were all my male neighbours between the ages of 12 and 18 with large Nerf guns. I turned around, and my brother was holding on of his Nerf guns. Apparently, they were asking if I could join them in a big neighourhood Nerf shootout. I slammed the door in their faces, and waved goodbye in the window by the door.

One time, I dreamed up my to-be first kiss. It was a contest where everyone had to grab someone they didn't know and kiss 'em. Then, they'd get their names put in a drawing for some elaborate prize. Anyway, whatever the prize was, I wanted it, and I entered. An old friend of mine did as well. So, he said to me, "C'mon, Sara. We don't know each other," and winked. Then we got to it. When I pulled away, he said, "More effort next time," and gave my a side-ways thumb. I got real mad at him and slapped him. I've never told him about it.


A childhood dream I had was that it was raining out, and my dad and I went out onto the driveway. Puddles of water gathered, and I looked into one. Then, I turned my attention to reality, and my dad was gone. Then, I look back into the puddle, only to have a shark jump out and eat me.

I had another while I was at a grandmother's, staying the night. I dreamed that I was at my other grandmother's, and I was fully aware. I was lying down on a large grand piano, which I don't recall them having, and I said to myself, "I didn't go to bed here, did I?" Then I turned, fell onto some keys and slammed my head against the corner of the piano bench, thus killing myself again.

Once, I remember that for some demented reason, I had the time to grow my nails out so long, they curled and could practically hang clothes. Then, I crossed my arms in a self-hugging manner, and pulled away, grabbing at my skin. I looked down and saw I was bleeding and my nails etched deep wounds at my own arms. I them crumpled to the ground... and died.

In a nutshell, I die a lot in my dreams. I don't know what that says about me, but I distinctly remember having a few dreams about killing people, too. I can't remember details, though. So, let me ask you: Ever had strange dreams? Scary dreams? Share 'em in the comments, or reply to my questions in your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment